Marriage is an important event in a couple's life. You will be excited and challenged by all the preparations and planning for the big day.
What do I need to know before I get married ?
A couple wishing to get married by law should be aware of these important points about civil marriages:
• The majority age for male or female to contract marriage is eighteen years and over.
• Parent’s consentment is required for any to contract civil marriage.
• Any person in accordance with the Laws of Seychelles can get married.
• Female minor children must produce proof of the consent (a notary document) in writing if one of the parents can’t be there in person to give a verbal consent
• Before the marriage can take place, the banns are published for eleven days prior to the date of marriage.
Foreigners wishing to get married in Seychelles may call at the Civil Status office at Independence House or may wish to make arrangement through their Local Travel Agent or Hotel.
What document that I need to present ?
• Birth certificate,
• Seychelles National Identity cards,
• Death or Divorce certificates where applicable.
• Passport where appropriate
Where do I get more information about getting married?
The couple who wish to register their marriage should be present in the Civil Status office with a witness from each side. If the couple wishes to register their marriage at home, they should inform the Civil Status office at least a week before the marriage takes place. For more information, contact
Telephone No: + (248) 429 36 04 /429 36 13 / 429 36 14
Telephone No: + (248) 423 39 04
Telephone No: + (248) 258 69 87
Opening hours: 8.00am - 12.00 am and 1.00pm - 4.00pm.
Temorary Contact Number : 4674577 / 4674578
Note : Please bring a SR50 stamp to the Civil Status office whenever you are retrieving any Certificate.