Immigration and Civil Status Seychelles

Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 16:00

Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles

Gainful Occupation Permit

Gainful Occupation Permit

A Gainful Occupation Permit (GOP) allows the holder to be gainfully occupied in Seychelles and this could be as an employee or as a self‐employed person.

In the first instance an approval certificate for the prospective non-Seychellois employee must be sought from the Ministry of Labour and Human Resources Development (MLHRD). 

Upon obtaining the relevant approval from the MLHRD, an Applications for Gainful Occupation Permits should then be submitted to the Immigration office, Independence House, Victoria at least one week before the employee is due to start work.

The same procedures as per above should be followed for extension of validity of the GOP or change of post titles or duties.

The prospective employee must not enter Seychelles for the purpose of taking up employment prior to obtaining the Gainful Occupation Permit. 

The application form is to be completed by the prospective employer. In the case of a self-employed, by the person seeking the permit. 

There is a processing fee of Sr. 1,000/‐ for processing of the application.

The fee for the whole duration of the permit being sought at Sr.500 per month or part thereof, is payable when submitting the application.

We will do our utmost to process your application timely.  In order to assist us in this endeavour, it is strongly advisable that you consult the Check list in the application form when completing the application to ensure that all documents being requested are submitted. Incomplete application causes delays and your application will not be considered.

Seychelles Immigration