Getting Married in Seychelles
Marriage is an important event in a couple's life. You will be excited and challenged by all the preparations and planning for the big day.
What do I need to know before I get married ?
A couple wishing to get married by law should be aware of these important points about civil marriages:
- The majority age for male or female to contract marriage is eighteen years and over.
- Parent’s consentment is required for any to contract civil marriage.
- Any person in accordance with the Laws of Seychelles can get married.
- Female minor children must produce proof of the consent (a notary document) in writing if one of the parents can’t be there in person to give a verbal consent
- Before the marriage can take place, the banns are published for eleven days prior to the date of marriage.
- Birth certificate
- Seychelles National Identity cards
- Death or Divorce certificates where applicable
- Passport where appropriate
Mahé Central office
Telephone No: + (248) 429 36 04 /429 36 13 / 429 36 14
Praslin Telephone No: + (248) 423 39 04
La Digue Telephone No: + (248) 258 69 87
Opening hours: 8.00am - 12.00 am and 1.00pm - 4.00pm.