You require a passport to travel outside Seychelles.
Who can apply?
Any citizen of Seychelles may apply for a passport.
How do I apply?
Fill in the Passport Application Form and submit it to the immigration office.
What documents do I require to submit with the application form?
• Birth Certificate(s) for yourself, Parent /Grandparent as applicable,
• 2 passport size photographs 35mm x 45mm
• Copy of National identity card.
• Adoption certificate in the case of a person having been adopted,
• Marriage Certificate in case of married woman.
• If your name(s) have been changed other than by marriage or adoption, certified copy of the document must be submitted.
• Certified copies of Naturalization/Registration certificates must be submitted in the case of citizenship.
• Proof of custody/guardianship of the child must be submitted.
• If you are in possession of a Seychelles passport which has not been cancelled, it should be attached to this application.
Who can countersign my passport application form?
The person who is eligible to countersign your application is someone who has known you for at least 2 years. The person countersigning your application must not be an immediate member of your family. The person can be:
• A member of the National Assembly,
• Head Teacher of a school,
• A District Administrator,
• Judge, Magistrate, Barrister,
• Attorney-at-Law, Notary,
• Public Servant (not below the rank of Head of a Division), or the Chairperson / Chief executive officer of a Parastatal organisations or Agencies
• Police Officer (not below the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police) ,
• An Officer of the Defence Forces,(not below the rank of Captain) ,
• Medical Practitioner,
• Minister of Religion or Justice of the Peace.
The application form should be accompanied by:
There is a surcharge of Sr. 1,500/- for loss/stolen or missing passport.
This surcharge may be waived in the following confirmed circumstances:
If you hold a Seychelles passport issued after August 2004 and you are applying for a new one, you do not need to submit births or marriage certificate unless you have made a change of name or you have recently got married and would like to use your married name.
If you are applying from outside Seychelles you will need to make payment for the passport including cost of courier for returning your current and new passports to one the following Government of Seychelles Overseas Account. It is important when instructing your bank to make money transfers to a Seychelles Government Overseas Account to specify the purpose of the transfers and your name.
Applicants are strongly advised for security reasons to forward their application form and current passport by courier.
It is strongly recommended when sending your application by post not to enclose any cash money with application form.
Where can I get more information?
Independence House, 1st floor
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 12:00 & 13:00 to 16:00
Tel: 42 93 600 - passport office
Temorary Contact Number : 4674577 / 4674578
Note : Please bring a SR50 stamp to the Civil Status office whenever you are retrieving any Certificate.