The page explains the process of how to acquire a Seychelles citizenship, registration in special circumstances, naturalisation, parental descent and the official citizenship examination.
- He or she is not a prohibited immigrant
- Period of absence does not exceed 1 year without consent of Minister
- Has not been sentenced with an imprisonment for more than 1 year
- Passes citizenship exam with more than 80 percent mark
In addition to all of the benefits of a Permanent Resident, a Naturalised Citizen;
- Receives social security benefits, free health care and a state pension if they have worked for the relevant number of years
- Is able to vote in elections
Prospective applicants for Seychelles citizenship would need to answer 25 questions out of a Pool of 100 questions in one of the three National languages, English, French and Kreol in which an 80% pass mark is required prior to submission of application for citizenship.
You may apply for citizenship by naturalisation if you fall under the following criteria:
- You have been married to a Seychelles citizen (For marriages from 29th June 1976 and after) for a period of at least 10 years
- Has been a legal resident in Seychelles for a period of 5 years or more immediately before making this application
- You have obtain at least 80% marks in 1 of the 3 national languages in the citizenship qualifying examination
- You have not been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 1 year or more for an offence punishable under any laws of Seychelles
- You have not been absent from Seychelles for a continuous period of one year or more without the written permission of the Minister.
You did not automatically become a citizen of Seychelles
- And any of your parent or grandparent was born in Seychelles
- You have not been sentenced to a term of imprisonment exceeding 1 year or more for an offence punishable under any laws of Seychelles
- You have obtain at least 80% marks in 1 of the 3 national languages in the citizenship qualifying examination;
For further enquiries, please telephone 4293636 or e-mail: email@example.com